This session was first of two sessions I presented at Microsoft NetWork 7 conference that took place for seventh time in a row in Bosnia and Herzegowina. Main goal of the session was to introduce resources for planning and implementing SharePoint 2016 farms on Microsoft Azure IAAS that are available on TechNet, and to demonstrate how they can be used.
I demonstrated the following:
- How to create SharePoint 2016 Dev/Test farm on Microsoft Azure
- How K2 uses Azure VM for trial and labs VMs
- How to design a high availability farm using “SharePoint Server 2016 in Azure Deployment Kit”.
To learn more about the topic, you can use resources which I used to prepare the session and shared with the audience:
- session from conference Microsoft Ignite 2016 – Getting Started with SP2016 in Azure IAAS (by Neil Hodgkinson) https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Ignite-Content-2016/BRK3037-Get-started-with-SharePoint-Server-2016-in-Microsoft/td-p/10372
- Cloud Adoption Advisory Board webinar Feb 2017 – from 25:00 min onwards https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/CAAB-Cloud-Adoption-Advisory/February-2017-CAAB-webinar/m-p/51310
- TechNet article series available at http://aka.ms/sp2016inazure
- PowerShell commands for dev/test farm (from TechNet Gallery) https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/powershell-commands-for-2e45ebee
- SharePoint Server 2016 in Azure Deployment Kit